Buy For Less has turkeys on sale for .69/lb. thru 4/1 but there is no way I could eat a whole turkey before it went bad so I did some research on freezing it.
Here’s a few tips on freezing turkey that you might need to know:
- You can freeze your cooked turkey….either in gravy or without. It should keep for 6 months safely.
- You might want to throw some chicken broth in the bag. Not much about 1/3 or 1/2 cup. Freezing tends to dry out the meat.
- Don’t allow the turkey to sit out for more than 2 hours at room temp.
- Make sure the turkey meat is cool before freezing…you might want to leave it in the fridge over night before freezing.
- You can divide up the meat however you like into small freezer bags and then put them in a big freezer bag (helps protect against freezer burn)
- Make sure you get out as much air as possible from the bag before sealing.
Now that you’ve got all that turkey in your freezer what are you gonna do with it? Give us your favorite turkey recipes!