For some, mondays can be very stressful. It's back to school, back to work, and back to taking care of the things you let slide over the weekend.
Not for me! It's "mellow monday", my therapy day..........retail therapy that is! I gather up my coupons and head out to my favorite stores for some stress relieving bargain shopping! I grab a cart, a Dr. Pepper and stroll peacefully down the isles looking for deals to be had. All the cares of the world are zoned out while I'm searching for that free bottle of dish soap or that $.34 body wash. I'm in my happy place............
I thought it would be fun to share my "therapy" with all of you so I've decided to start a weekly "Mellow Monday" blog post here on CQ listing all the deals I find. We all need a little "sanity shopping" now and then, and hopefully this will inspire you to start your own retail relaxation!Coupons used will be listed at the end of the post.
This week I went to CVS, Target and Homeland Grocery......
My first stop was CVS where I picked up: (3) Oral-B Pulsar toothbrushes and (2) John Frieda Frizz-Ease Dream Curls 6.7-oz. (a favorite to use on my naturally unruly ...I mean curly hair). Total paid including tax: $1.78
Next, I went to Target where I got: 1 Pack of Pampers 72-ct. wipes, Total Effects Body Wash 8.4 oz., Pantene Restoratives Frizz Control Hairspray 8.25-oz., and (3) Trial size Tide Detergent packets. Total paid including tax: $1.76
My last store was Homeland Grocery: Total paid including tax: $3.68
* (3) Wish Bone Salad Dressings 16-oz.
* (4) I Can't Believe It's Not Butter 15-oz.
* (1) Country Crock Spread 15-oz.
* (2) Boxes of Lipton Family Size Tea Bags
* (1) Can of Libby's Mixed Veggies
* (1) Johnson & Johnson's Baby Lotion
* (1) Johnson & Johnson's Baby Wash
* (2) Johnson & Johnson's Baby Shampoo
Here are the coupons I used......CVS
* P&G 7-4-11 $2.00/1 Oral-B Pulsar toothbrushes (made them $.50 ea.)
* Printable $2.50/1 John Frieda ( used ECB's I already had to pay for them so they were FREE + I got $5.00 ECB for buying 2)Target
* P&G 6-6-10 $4.00/1 Total Effects Body Wash (price on shelf said $4.49 but rang up $3.83 so it was FREE) I like those little surprises, don't you?
* P&G 7-4-10 $1.00/1 ANY Tide (no restrictions, made the trial size FREE)
* P&G 6-6-10 $2.00/1 Pampers Wipes (made them $.39)
* Parade Magazine $2.00/1 Pantene Styler, Treatment stacked with a Target Insert 6-27-10 $1.00/1 Pantene Styler, Treatment. (made it $.49)Homeland
* RP 6-27-10 $.75/1 Wish Bone - used (3) 1 doubled, 2 at face value
* RP 6-27-10 $.60/2 boxes of Lipton Tea - doubled
* Printable $.40/1 Country Crock doubled: http://www.countrycrock.com/Promotions/
* Printable $.75/2 ICBINB used (2) 1 doubled, 1 at face value: http://print.coupons.com/Couponweb/Offers.aspx?pid=14696&nid=20&zid=nh28
The above coupons were used on 10/$10.00 sale items (buy 10/$15.00 and get $5 off instantly at register) Items totaled $2.75 after coupons. The items below were FREE after coupons.
* Printable coupon for FREE can of Libby's (no longer available)
* Printable J & J $1.00/1:http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=qkmrbcc67917535&bt=vg&o=56160&c=EP&p=AhWkyaz2
* Printable J & J $1.00/1:http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=za4ualy57097968&bt=vg&o=54867&c=JB&p=cW90wTlo
* Printable J & J $1.00/1: http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?bt=vg&tqnm=rlsudhw9869799&o=9997&c=JB&p=BdK9cFm0
* Printable J & J $1.00/1: http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=qjunfzi51554786&bt=vg&o=9777&c=JB&p=R2OJqKto
I spent a grand total of $7.22 tax included for $94.66 worth of stuff!!!
I'll be posting a video of this week's Mellow Monday shopping trip so check back......see ya next Monday!